• Compile contract strategy, draft any amendments to T&C’s in conjunction with Legal and negotiate contract terms with suppliers
• Establish, maintain and promote robust contract management and claim procedures.
• Liaise with the RSM and engage with the operation to ensure contracts support is available to major CAPEX projects.
• Critical resource in regional tender, evaluation, award and post award process
• Work with the RSM and Supply Manager – Central team to formulate integrated contract plans and other supply chain requirements specific to the region, ensuring compliance with global policies and procedures.
• Support, communicate and implement standards and procedures for tender management, Post Tender Negotiation & contract award, contract management and standard processes post award.
• Participate in internal and external supplier audits.
• Promote effective communication and good working relationships with Commercial and Legal to ensure reporting is aligned and agreed protocols exist for all activities
• Maintain awareness of purchasing and contract best practice in relation to the oil & gas market place and act as the functional expert in these matters
• Liaise with senior contracts and procurement specialists for delivery of daily tasks
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:-
• Degree qualified in Legal or Business Management.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in negotiating and managing contracts in the Oil and Gas industry preferably with an Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company
• Knowledge and understanding of LOGIC Terms and Conditions
• Experience within a projects environment would be advantageous.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate solid analytical judgement.