|Title||Contracts Engineer, Africa|
|Desipred Expertise||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer, Law, Legal, Business Management Contracts|
|Minimum Education||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree|
|Location||Lagos/Port Harcourt, Nigeria|
|Employment Type||Full time|
The Contracts Engineer – Africa will report to the Country Manager and will be responsible for a wide variety of activities associated with contract management and administration within the region. Implementing and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures during all phases of the contracting process, pre and post-award including, category management planning, market sector strategy, strategic sourcing and bid lists, contractor selection and post award supplier management. The growth plan is aggressive with project activity high, you will be expected to interface with the project team/s and apply your expertise to influence the strategy and direction in the areas of Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management. The position has the potential to create career advancement opportunities.
• Compile contract strategy, draft any amendments to T&C’s in conjunction with Legal and negotiate contract terms with suppliers
• Establish, maintain and promote robust contract management and claim procedures.
• Liaise with the RSM and engage with the operation to ensure contracts support is available to major CAPEX projects.
• Critical resource in regional tender, evaluation, award and post award process
• Work with the RSM and Supply Manager – Central team to formulate integrated contract plans and other supply chain requirements specific to the region, ensuring compliance with global policies and procedures.
• Support, communicate and implement standards and procedures for tender management, Post Tender Negotiation & contract award, contract management and standard processes post award.
• Participate in internal and external supplier audits.
• Promote effective communication and good working relationships with Commercial and Legal to ensure reporting is aligned and agreed protocols exist for all activities
• Maintain awareness of purchasing and contract best practice in relation to the oil & gas market place and act as the functional expert in these matters
• Liaise with senior contracts and procurement specialists for delivery of daily tasks
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:-
• Degree qualified in Legal or Business Management.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in negotiating and managing contracts in the Oil and Gas industry preferably with an Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company
• Knowledge and understanding of LOGIC Terms and Conditions
• Experience within a projects environment would be advantageous.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate solid analytical judgement.
- About Us
- Our Business
- News & Media